My name is Beth and I’m absolutely passionate about helping people feel and move better.
Beth Redfern Pilates + Movement Therapy is based in Limehouse (E14) and offers private and duet Pilates and movement therapy sessions incorporating the reformer, cadillac, tower, chair, barrels, mat and small equipment, as well as virtual sessions via Zoom or Skype.
Having gained a wealth of experience using Pilates to help manage the health of my own back condition for the last 20 years, as well as working with clients in more recent years, I now spend most of my time in the studio working with women who have been suffering with long term back pain and want to get out of pain, and strengthen and stretch their bodies so they can move with ease and get back to doing all the things they love. All the while having some fun and regaining confidence in their body’s ability to move. I also help clients with scoliosis to manage their condition.
These clients understand that they need to invest in their health and wellbeing so they don’t just stay stuck in the same pattern of pain, and that making progress requires more than just coming to sessions once a week, but looking at how they operate and move in the rest of their lives too. They are prepared to commit to working in partnership with me to get the best results possible.
I also have a strong interest in women’s health and offer pre and post natal pilates, as well as sessions focused on pelvic floor issues, the menopause, recovery from Diastasis Recti (separated abdominals) and bone density issues (such as Osteopenia and Osteoporosis).
In my quest to be able to help my clients achieve the best results possible, I’ve also trained in mindfulness and The Garuda Method (a fusion of Pilates, Yoga and the Alexander Technique) and studied clinical biomechanics (which I have found works brilliantly in conjunction with Pilates), becoming a Clinical Biomechanics and Movement Rehabilitation Practitioner, and am currently studying for my Foundation in Clinical Massage so that I can give more hands on assistance where required.
Regardless of a client’s reason for attending sessions, the essence of Beth Redfern Pilates + Movement Therapy is to provide a welcoming, safe and non judgemental environment in which the client feels supported while working on their challenges and encouraged to achieve (or even exceed) their goals.
I went to my first Pilates class in 1999 to help manage an ongoing back problem which had begun nearly 15 years earlier. I found it hugely beneficial for my back pain and fell in love with the precision and flow of the exercises. I also found the mind-body element a perfect antidote to the demands of my job in the corporate world – it really helped me switch off.
Finding a proactive way to manage my back pain (and thus being less reliant on others to help me) was extremely empowering and I found I wanted to learn more. So in 2005 I took my first Pilates mat instructors course to give me a more in-depth understanding so I could help myself even more. Around this time I also discovered the reformer and other Pilates equipment and – several years later – decided to jump in and do my full comprehensive (mat and equipment) Pilates training so that I could use that knowledge – and my own experience – to help others feel better too. In my quest to help my clients achieve the absolute best results they can, I’ve since added other skills to complement the Pilates based work I do, so have a range of skills to draw upon during my sessions with clients. I absolutely love seeing how my clients grow in confidence as their pain levels and posture improve, they get stronger and more flexible and they’re able to do more in the studio and in their lives.
Qualifications and training:
- Comprehensive Pilates Instructor – Balanced Body University (mat, reformer, cadillac, chair, step barrel, ladder barrel)
- Attended Comprehensive Pilates Instructor course – Polestar Pilates
- Clinical Biomechanics and Movement Rehabilitation Practitioner – The Integrated FitPro
- Pilates for Scoliosis – BASI Pilates
- Pilates for Osteoporosis – BASI Pilates
- The Garuda Method (Chair and Foam Roller) – The Garuda Studio (a fusion of Pilates, Yoga and the Alexander Technique)
- High Intensity Power Pilates Foundation Matwork (HIP Pilates) – Lisa B Pilates Academy
- Pre and Post Natal Pilates Specialist™ – Center for Women’s Fitness
- Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery™ – Center for Women’s Fitness
- Support Your Floor™ – Center for Women’s Fitness (pelvic floor training)
- Pilates for Menopause – Center for Women’s Fitness
- Rocking and Rolling to Release™ – Center for Women’s Fitness (fascial release training)
- Qualified Gym Instructor – YMCA
- Attended Mat Pilates Instructor course – Polestar Pilates
- Mindfulness Teacher Training – Mindfulness CIC
- Bodywork Beginnings and Foundation in Clinical Massage – Jing Massage [qualifications in progress]
I love learning and strongly believe in continuing education and thus have also attended (and continue to attend) various specialist workshops and training courses to deepen my knowledge.
DBS checked and cleared.
Claim Your Free Online Consultation
To claim your free online Consultation simply click on the button below and enter your details.